I’ve been working in the field of creativity for the past 20 years, when I first started attending the Creative Problem Solving Institute. I developed a creativity practice within Kimberly Clark by facilitating idea sessions and training others in creative thinking skills and facilitation practices. I am certified in different creative problem solving approaches (deBono’s Six Thinking Hats, deBono’s Lateral Thinking, deBono’s Focus on Facilitation) and various personality assessments (KAI, Myers-Briggs, and Color Wheel). And, most importantly, I love this stuff!
Distinguished Leader Award Recipient
I was privileged to receive one of CPSI’s and CEF’s greatest honors, the Distinguished Leader Award. This is a peer recognition award, where you are nominated by fellow leaders who are asked to consider not only your contributions to CPSI, but to creativity in the larger world.
Five Fun Facts about Mary Ellyn
- I’ve taken at least one photo a day since 2012.
- Last year I was privileged to photograph glaciers near Cape Horn.
- I thoroughly enjoyed my Stormz certification workshop at the Dali museum in St Petersburg….and spent time gazing at his surrealistic images
- My little green Miata is 18 years old and is a joy to drive.
- I’ve attended the Creative Problem Solving Institute’s annual meeting every year since 1992.
I am pleased to offer a new facilitation service, called Stormz. This service can be used in face-to-face as well as asynchronous ideation sessions. Ideas can be generated, voted on, and evaluated.
Creativity Conferences in 2016
- CREA, Sestri Levante, Italy, April
- Tell Your Story, Comically…Creating SuperHeroes and using them to “sell” your idea
- CPSI, Buffalo NY, June
- Journey to Insights: An Arts Experience…Experience the arts from drawing, movement, photography, storytelling, music, and poetry to feed your creative spirit
- Image-Storming using Stormz….Use of images and insights within a virtual collaboration tool
- MindCamp, August, North of Toronto
- Space-making: Imaginatively Creating Space in your Images